Thursday, November 17, 2005

Cymbah and Ferrari

Here is a picture of Cymbah with her "brother" Ferrari. Ferrari passed away two years ago in November of 2003.

Cymbah and Ferrari came into my life when I bought my house in 1991. My sister moved in with me and brought these two critters with her. Over the years I became as attached to them as she was.

Back in the spring, Cymbah's vet informed us of the bad news: a cancerous tumor. At the time we were told she only had a few weeks to live. She lasted over six months. She was a tough old cat. It was only literally the last day that she lost her mobility. The day before she was still following me around meowing.

Ironically, on the day she passed, I was sick and stayed home from work. I never get sick (I hadn't missed a day of work due to illness in over two years). I can't help but wonder if there was a higher purpose that forced me to stay home that day.

I wouldn't say that I was grateful for that stomach flu.....but I was grateful to be home with her that day.

1 comment:

linda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUBBA!!!
thank YOU for loving my babies as much as i did...keep loving on ole spot and maybe some day you'll be ready to open your home/heart to another sweet pair of purrers...(p.s. this is a day early...didn't know if i'd get on the puter tomorrow or not...)