Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Birthday, Star Wars

I can't let this day go by without acknowledging the 30th anniversary of the release of Star Wars. Simply put, the advent of Star Wars is the most influential non-personal event of my life.

I still remember the first time I saw the film. It was June 10, 1977 at the much-missed Northpark Theater in Dallas, Texas. Yes...I still have the ticket stub somewhere!

I just finished re-watching the film. Of course I chose the non-Special Edition version just like I saw it back in 1977. I find it sad that today George Lucas cannot see in the film what we all felt back then. But that is the subject for another blog post.

For now, I simply salute this film that rocked my world.

2 comments:

linda said...

ahem...you neglected to mention that your sister gave you the movie passes that she won off the radio (q102)...your welcome...then i went and saw it and that started my admiration-lol-of harrison ford..still a huge fan of his today! we won't go into the numerous times one saw "empire" at aforementioned theatre..

linda said...

and it's late and i've forgotten my english..i meant "you're" welcome!