Thursday, October 11, 2007

What I Think is Cool

My buddy AVGeek left an infernal tag in his last post. Since I am now honor-bound to comment, I thought I would respond with a post of my own (instead of having it buried in his Comments section). The fact that it gives me a good excuse to finally make another post is just a bonus.

So, what do I think is cool? Well, I have decided to answer that by letting you know which new series of the nascent television season is my favorite.

So far, I have been entertained by several of them.

Shows such as Reaper with Ray Wise as one of the wittiest Devils ever seen.

Journeyman has been interesting. As has it's NBC stablemates Life and Bionic Woman (which I admit I have watched much of yet).

But, to me, NBC's strongest entry is Chuck. I have enjoyed all of the episodes so far (and it has gotten stronger with each one).

Still, it's not my favorite.

Over on ABC, the only new show that I plan to follow is Pushing Daisies. Witty and quirky, this show makes me smile. I hold out hope for Samantha Who? and look forward to its premiere on Monday. I also sampled Cavemen and Carpoolers. You will notice I have not taken the effort to make links for them. That should give you a hint about my opinion of them.

There are several others that I am still sampling (such as Aliens in America, Back to You and Moonlight).

But that's not why you are here, is it?

So, what's my favorite show?

Believe it or not, it's The Big Bang Theory

Okay, probably not what you were expecting. Well, neither was I. It's easy to dismiss this as a frothy, useless comedy. However, I have found the writing to be very witty and not condescending to the geeks (even when they do geeky things). And for some reason I find Kaley Cuoco much more attractive to me than her 8 Simple Rules days. I think that is partially because her character is much more intelligent and she's not playing a high schooler. Also, I find Jim Parsons' Leonard to be one of the funniest new characters on TV.

So...there you have it.

There's no hope for me, is there?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only show from last year that I am still watching is Bones. Of the new ones, I am still watching Reaper, Life, Chuck and Moonlight. Have Pushing Daisies DVR'd but haven't started it yet. All that said, my favorite show on TV right now is hands down, no competition in sight, Californication with David Duchovny. Brilliant.

-Edie

Ensign Eddie said...

I was going to make a disparaging comment about liking something as amoral as Californication. Then I realized that I am a big fan of Dexter and was thus hoisted upon my own petard.

Speaking of Dex, how cool would it be to have one of these?

linda said...

well, i'm still a prison breaker, bachelor, nip/tucker, ugly betty, supernatural, numb3rs, criss angel, without a tracer follower...have watched cavemen, carpoolers, pushing daisies, moonlight...prefer the last two...looking forward to phenomenon...like bones, house, the unit...gotta love cuban and helio's fancy footwork! bionic woman and life are okay..and always get a chuckle w/the teutels...and nascar, which will be over in 6 weeks-wahhh!