Monday, July 07, 2008

Elliot

Anyone that has read my blog knows that cats are important to me. And losing one of them usually hits me pretty hard.

Tonight, it looks like one of my parents' cats, Elliot, is about to move on. He's in his twenties and has lived a good life, but that really doesn't make it easier.

Although he has lived with my parents for most of his life, our paths did intersect for a while. When my cat MJ died (while I was still living at home), we adopted each other. He's been special to me ever since (as he has been to all the members of my family).

He has gotten progressively weaker (especially in the last few months) and I doubt he will be with us much longer. Although it will probably be for the best, it will still hurt when he's gone. Shoot...it's hurting already.

There's not much that can be done. But I just wanted anyone who passes this way to know that there was once a great cat named Elliot.

And he is loved.

And he will be missed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"We seem to have reached the point when life stops giving and starts taking away."