Monday, August 11, 2008

Midnight?

I was going through a box from parents' old house and I came across a picture. I am not sure, but I think it is my first cat Midnight.

Sadly, I don't remember a whole lot about him. He didn't live as long as any of us would have liked, but he did sire MJ (Midnight Junior) with the beautiful Tiffany.

However, I still remember getting him. My sister Susan was going to get a new kitten and picked Tiffy. For some reason, her little gray littermate caught my eye and we ended up with two kittens that day.

I'm sure my sisters will chime on whether or not the picture is of Midnight. I suppose it may be MJ, but I don't think so. But I think you will agree that's a beautiful cat.

Midnight?

3 comments:

Suze said...

I think its MJ. I'll have to hunt up my photos and see. Our little kittens sure do look like him. Poor guys they've been brought into the house, out of the barn. And C expects them to go back out there! They're having too much fun destroying the house. They love the kitchen table, cabinets and have even been found lurking in the drawers. They're too cute for me to get too mad at them.

AVGeek said...

Okay, a dumb question here;

The cat is grey - why the name Midnight? I figure there has to be an interesting reason, but just curious.

Glad things are going well.

-D

Ensign Eddie said...

suze - The reason I thought it wasn't MJ is because he doesn't have MJ's cauliflower ear. But I suppose the picture could have been taken before he developed that. The cat in the picture doesn't seem to be the same color as the other pictures of Midnight I have on the site so you are probably right.

avgeek - I can't quite remember (it's probably been 30+ years), but I think Midnight was pretty dark when I got him and lightened up as he got older. My sibs probably remember better.