Sunday, November 27, 2005

A few changes around here

I've been playing with the Blogger template and have implemented a few changes to the blog.

First, I've added my own links to the sidebar (to your right). These are just some blogs I like and then some links related to hobbies I enjoy.

Second, I've modified the comments section so that they appear under the post instead of wisking you away to a dedicated comments page. Just click on the comments link below any of the posts to see them. Unfortunately you still have to go to the Blogger comments page to add your own words of wisdom. BTW, a special shout out to Trader Sam at The Head Shrinker blog for showing me this was possible.

Finally, I modified the template to display an icon of Spot (see his post) in front of every post and up on the address bar. He is now preserved for cyber-posterity.

I'm going to be trying some other things in the future so stayed tuned.

-S

2 comments:

linda said...

isn't that "icon" of spot actually known as an avitar? some of the other message boards i visit have these below there posting name...some are animated too! let me know how to do that! also, how do i correct mike's so that his full name is off the front?

Ensign Eddie said...

Avatars are usually associated with an on-line personna. Currently I don't have one, but I am working on it.

Since no one with an avatar has left a message yet, I don't know if they will show up in the comments or not. We shall see.

The picture of Spot before each post was just something I went in and changed (previously it was a little green arrow).

As for Mike's blog, I can help you with that, but I will have to log in to your account, probably.