Friday, December 23, 2005

The Twelve Geek Days of Christmas: Day Twelve

So...I've come to the end of this little blogging exercise. I hope those of you that have followed along have gotten a chuckle. I realize that the list I have compiled is rather materialistic - and at least one entry is a little stalker-y (and Lauren, if you read this, call me) - but it is all meant in fun. The reason for the season is obviously more important than three TiVos (besides, I already have those).

Anyway, I hope that all of you have a wonderful holiday. Inevitably, the close of the year causes many of us to look back at the year as a whole and take stock. Humans (or at least this one) tend to focus on the bad things, but my final hope for you, my friends, is that you can also see the good. The happy times, the successful times, and, most importantly, the peaceful times.

As a Christian, I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas. If that salutation does not hold as much meaning to you as it does to me, then I wish you a happy day and peace.

Live long and prosper....seriously,
-Scott


On the twelfth day of Christmas my true geek gave to me

Twelve great ideas
Eleven bags of Cheetos
Ten plastic models
Nine Batman comics
Eight iPod Nanos
Seven plasma displays
Six Laur'n Graham websites
Five Don-key Kongs!
Four calling cards
Three TiVos
Two RC cars
And a Par-tridge Fam'ly DVD

7 comments:

AVGeek said...

EE,
Thanks for making my year one of the better ones, kinda like the even numbered Star Trek movies, or Indy and the Last Crusade.

Thanks for being patient, and thanks for being there.

Here's to 2k6!
-D

AVGeek said...

. . . and here's to Lauren Graham!
-D

linda said...

okay..i'm gonna play the blonde card...who's lauren graham? is she the mom on gilmour girls? i don't watch this but i know "ensign eddie" is a big fan...enjoyed the 12 days...here's to a better year...i just remembered lance's birthday is monday and i got real teary...love ya bro!

Suze said...

That's what I'd like to know. You holding out on us or what?

Anonymous said...

12 days for the average chick!
12 scented candles
11 bottles of bubble bath
10 seasons of FRIENDS
9 little dresses
8 pairs of black shoes
7 pairs of perfect jeans
6 shopping trips
5 PED-I-CURES
4 chocolate bars (godiva of course)
3 brat pack movies
2 cups of coffee
1 Rob Thomas with a giant big red bow!

Ensign Eddie said...

Amos, you're anything but average.

As for Lauren, I only wish I was holding out. Or, more precisely, holding her...

edieraye said...

Even I have a crush on Lauren Graham! I once had a very good friend tell me that if I ever had a kid I would be the kind of mother that Lauren plays on GG. I wasn't sure if I should be offended or flattered so I went with flattered. Some of us are hopeless optimists!

Hope your Christmas was merry and your New Year is full of love and laughter!