Friday, May 19, 2006

Mickey and Maggie

Meet Mickey and Maggie. Maggie is the tortoise- shell cutie in front and Mickey is the black kitten in the back. I expect their coloring to change somewhat as they grow older.

I picked them up from my vet, Dr. G, this morning. They are strays that were taken in by another of Dr. G's clients who just didn't have the room to keep them. I had asked Dr. G to keep me in mind for some new mouths to feed earlier this year. If you go back to the beginning of this blog you will see why I do have the room to keep them.

My other cat, Spot, has not been the same since I lost Cymbah last year. I am hoping that these new "bundles of joy" will at least give him some amusement while I'm at work. At least he hasn't swatted at them yet.

By the way, the names were given to them by their rescuer and I liked them. Well, actually the male was named Mikey. I misheard her the first time and thought she said Mickey. I guess it's not surprising that a Disneyana fan like me would make that mistake.

However, for some reason I have unconsciously called him Mikey several times today so I'm wondering if that really is his name. Hmmmm....what do y'all think? Where's T.S. Eliot when you need him?

I'll put up some better pictures soon.

4 comments:

linda said...

there's only one problem...i won't know who you're talking about if you revert back to mikey..lol!! but they sure are cute! and the fact that spot didn't get cranky right off the bat, makes me think all will be well, most of the time...it will be interesting to see how he'll react when they start using him as a rock climb or a pillow, etc...i'm sure he'll just love being jumped from behind or from around a corner as those babies learn the lay of the land...enjoy!!!

Suze said...

This picture is cuter than the ones I saw yesterday. I'm glad you got two, maybe they will play combat with each other instead of Spot. Now, if I could just get Tuffy to stop ambushing Tiger...

edieraye said...

Awwww! How precious. Congrats!

edieraye said...

I have way too much laundry to do and a dirty kitchen and yard work. I really, really need everyone to update their blogs so that I have a good excuse to stay inside glued to my computer screen. Won't you help me out?

I need updates, people!