Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hanging in, but not much hope

Well, the news from the vet wasn't good. My poor kitty's pancreas and kidneys are shutting down and most likely by the end of the week he will be gone.

I can't tell you how much this hurts. At least with Ferrari and Cymbah I had months to be prepared. This has come on very suddenly. Again, I covet your prayers.

I would like to leave you with a picture I took of Spot last night (before I only suspected the truth...it wasn't confirmed). It's hard to accept that this face is not only sick, but soon won't be with me anymore...

3 comments:

Suze said...

I know your pain. We've all gone through so much in the last year or two. But, you have him there and know what is going to happen with him. Knowing is much better than not knowing. Two years later, I still miss Shelby and it is one of those things I don't think I'll ever have complete closure over. Enjoy your last few days with him and remember all the good times. I remember one, my hand swelled so bad the next day I thought they'd have to cut it off:)
But, that is Spot, he's got a lot of attitude.

Suze said...

Great photo by the way. He's still beautiful.

linda said...

i almost think that he was waiting for you to open your heart and home to at least one more kitty...now that you have, he sees that you're in good hands...trust me, i know they can't replace him and no one wants you to try...i'm just glad we came across him that day...for all his grumbling, he was still a sweety...just remember we're here...it just brings all the others back up front...you should have titled it "mascara alert"...we luv ya! and spotty too...