Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Kitty Trio

I recently came across this picture of some of my family's furry friends from days gone by. I estimate it to be around 25 to 30 years old so please excuse the poor quality.

The orange and white majestic tabby at the bottom is Tiger. Even though I was very young, I still remember when my sister brought him home as a young kitten from our elementary school carnival.

The attack cat in the center is my other sister's cat, Tiffany. She was a beautiful cat that was taken from us way too soon. She was also the mother of my second cat, Midnight Junior (aka MJ).

The grey stretcher in the back is Midnight, my first cat and father of, you guessed it, MJ.

I don't know why I decided to post this today. Partially, I guess, because I haven't posted in a while and felt the need to put up something. But I also just like this picture so I thought I would share it.

I still miss all of the cats in this picture. I realize that some people just don't "get" how some of us can get so attached to our pets (even those that are long gone). For those people, all I can offer is my pity.

Stay well and hug your pet today.
-S

P.S. For those interested, the record album in the picture is the soundtrack album to the musical remake of Lost Horizon. Not really important, but I was impressed that I remembered it.

4 comments:

Suze said...

I still have that record, one of the few that I own. This is also one of my favorite photos of Tiffy. What a wonderful kitty, she gave us some beautiful babies. Our Tiger looks so much like Linda's Tiger, I never realized it until I saw this photo again. You need to make some more memories, hint, hint.

Ensign Eddie said...

Uhh....actually I've got the record at my house. heh heh. I also bought it on CD a few years ago. The movie wasn't that great (although it was impressive to me as a kid), but I still really like the music. And for some reason I have always been strangely attracted to Sally Kellerman...

And, by the way, do you mean that I should get a new cat or should put up more pictures?

linda said...

new cat new cat new cat......and i've got dad's records! didn't want to leave them in the hot storage room..and i need to get the rest of my records...and someone said they'd transfer my pantera indies to cd...and then there's a video to be transfered....but, yeah, i remember that picture too...it took a long time to not look for tiger running across the yard whenever i'd come back home...and a friend at work has a friend who has some puppies that need a home and the momma looks like lance...boy, i had forgotten what a little toot he was as a puppy, merlin is just as bad!!

Suze said...

Go see those kitties at the pet store. I really wanted to bring home the calico. Great personality.