Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Random Musings for the First of February:

  • Nanny McPhee is a great film for children and adults. I don't think teens will go for it, however.


  • Why do I always get the feeling that when a politician says we need to get rid of partisanship he or she really means you better do what I want.


  • In the past decade or so it has not been unusual for me to have missed seeing the pictures nominated for the Best Picture Oscar. However, this is the first year I can remember that I haven't WANTED to see at least one of them.


  • Why does February have two R's? The first one is rarely used (except by the pretentious).


  • Why do people that scream for tolerance rarely have tolerance for those that disagree with them?


  • Similarly, why does diversity in the corporate world usually mean Christians can't celebrate their religion at work?


  • Why does this post -- that seemed like a good idea at the time -- sound like a lame Larry King rip-off?

I'll try to do better next time.

2 comments:

linda said...

okay, so next time try a "top 10" letterman list! lol! i'm surprised you don't want to see "munich"...i do, but think i'll wait til dvd...so now that that huge ground hog was a sissy and saw his shadow, does that mean we're going to continue to have a balmy winter? i could REALLY get used to it! i just hope it doesn't bite us in the butt come this summer!

Suze said...

Hey, you forgot the most important thing that happened on February 1st. You became an uncle four years ago to the most wonderful boy in the world (if I do say so myself!)!